As a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist I work with a solution focused approach but recognise the importance of offering an eclectic mix of counselling skills in order to meet the unique needs of each client and their circumstances emotionally, behaviourally and socially.This may involve a strong directional component or gentle challenging of underlying presumptions.
Effective collaboration between counsellor and client requires respect of each individual’s mental and moral makeup and their experiences in life. I have worked with those who have sufferered from domestic abuse on all levels involving post-traumatic stress, low self belief, anger, anxiety, depression and isolation. I have worked with adolescents in a school setting suffering from
anxiety, depression, stress, anger, trauma, eating disorders and low self esteem.
I also worked for an organisation dealing with loss and bereavemen
- FdSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- EMDR Trauma Specialist
- Internal Risk Assessment Training (Domestic Abuse Counselling Service Warks)
- Level 2 Awareness in Bereavement Care (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- Child and Adult Suicide and Traumatic Death Training (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- Understanding Substance Misuse Training (The Recovery Partnership, Cov and Wark)
- Eating Disorders Training Workshop (Integrated Primary Mental Health Service)
- Mindfulness Training (Dr Esther Riggs)
- Childhood Trauma and Dissociation (Dr Renee Marks)
- Registered General Nurse (Middlesex Hospital)