I am a fully qualified, professional cognitive behavioural therapist and trauma therapist. I work collaboratively with my clients in a safe and therapeutic environment, to enable the changes necessary for them to improve their overall health and well-being.
Mindfulness, emotional therapy and coping techniques are additional skills that I incorporate where necessary, to provide a holistic approach to recovery. This is especially useful in my work with anxiety, depression and stress related illness.
Working as a school counsellor has enabled me to have extensive experience with adolescents. My experience working with adults includes bereavement counselling at Myton Hospice, working with survivors of sexual abuse, PTSD and trauma related issues.
- BA (Hons) Counselling 1st class
- FdSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma Emotion Therapy
- EMDR Certificate level 1,2 & 3 (Trauma therapy)
- Certificate Trauma and Dissociation (Dr Renee Marks)
- Certificate Mindfulness (Dr Esther Riggs)
- Member of the BACP (MBACP)