10 years ago I held a senior role in a business, I had children at home and I was struggling to cope with a sad experience. I was feeling stressed, anxious and very low. I enrolled on an 8 week mindfulness course and it brought me real benefits, I gradually became happier and my self confidence increased greatly. I trained as a mindfulness teacher and, fascinated by mindfulness and how it works, I completed an MSc in Studies in Mindfulness which also included modules on compassion and insight.
At Lifeways I teach the 8 week Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress course, a course designed to reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood and increase well-being. It is suitable for most people. Although I’m not a mental health professional, I co-teach the course with an experienced mental health practitioner who has particular expertise in mindfulness for depression.
- Breathworks qualified and accredited mindfulness teacher
- Mindfulness Association qualified mindfulness teacher
- UK Network listed mindfulness teacher
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- MSc. Studies in Mindfulness
- Further and Adult Education teacher’s certificate
- Trained to deliver Mindfulness in Schools and Frantic World mindfulness curriculums and courses
- DBS checked