Dramatherapy is a creative psychological therapy, conducted in a safe and confidential relationship with our qualified Dramatherapist Karen McDonald.
In general terms, Dramatherapy aims to enable you to:
• Express your feelings, thoughts and emotions
• Explore difficulties, concerns and relationships with others
• Experience different ways of viewing yourself, others and issues you bring to therapy
• Build on your strengths to help you manage difficulties and make troubling issues more bearable
• Support you to explore and find your own resolutions
Because Dramatherapy does not rely on a purely 'talking' approach, it can allow people to communicate, express and explore indirectly, safely and in your own unique way.
Sessions can include using the imagination and talking, art, music, story, sand play, puppets, movement, drama and mindfulness, depending on your preferences and needs.
- Professional Registration under the Health Care Professions Council
- Full Member with The British Association of Dramatherapists (Badth)
- Holds an enhanced DBS check certificate